Friday 23 August 2013

Another Week 27 - #California, Car Deals, Zombie Invasion and Blaming The Tea Party..


Batman








My Name's Not Dave
but maybe
you've heard of
Rory Gallagher
TASTE








The Meadow

Saying goodbye in the Meadow..; I drove along a country road today so I could say goodbye.. The feelings one gets are kinda odd really.. I felt a fear., a calmness, definitely an anxiety.; I wondered what I would say, how I would introduce myself, whether I would smile, laugh, wander, look around.. I certainly didn't want to be late, so I headed out early-ish in order to take in the 'views'.. I wanted to park up an take in the meadow. My wardrobe felt comfortable, if traditionally wrong.. I'm not sure what to expect really.., but this whole ride is weird man..- I just haven't done these sorta things very often, infact, not very often at all.. 
There has to be a word, a right kinda word.., but I can't think of one. One doesn't usually associate a memorial with colour and laughter, but man, this was full of it.. The music was turned up, there was applause an' I got to take a very lucky trip back in time.. There was the tall rock star musician and former pop idol vocalist who's voice contributed to Feeding the World and who 'Lay His Hat, wherever' and a lead guitarist who also laid his hat.,  'both' on the rainbow.. Saying goodbye to a box with someone you know in it.,  sucks man..

The stores are stocking different colours now.. and there are coats hanging from the rails.! I stopped by the bowling green..





A Teacher in red

I noticed someone today., standing in the sunlight.. . I used to know this cygnet from my past life, but man, this person grew up into a swan..: Holy toledo Batman.. and that's fer sure..; I noticed her standing in the sunlight (it wasn't difficult, believe me), as  a man notices a woman.., and I wondered.; her elegantly simple red dress gently moved in the summer breeze and her long flowing full bodied blonde locks bounced with a natural style while she kept her eyes hidden behind large dark glasses., but I knew I knew this woman., somehow, from somewhere.. Mesmerized by her slender height, her smooth and gentle tan, her elegantly toned bare arms.. it took me a moment or two for me to finally figure it out..- Saturday., yes Saturdays.! I was pleased I made the effort and scrambled over a bunch of chairs in my casual haste, pleased I eventually and gently touched her shoulder and pleased I distracted her., I was even more pleased I made the awkward., "excuse me, as strange as this may appear, I do believe I., well., hi, my name is...", 'cause her smile lit up and the teenage someone I knew a lifetime ago I learned, had became a woman.. There was a reason after all... My gawd, not only is this woman stunningly gorgeous.., but her heart radiated a total warmth..
.. and my faith in the fact there is someone here, beautifully understated and natural who actually brushes her hair and appears to know how to wear 'an appropriate wardrobe'., is finally restored.. YEAH and praise be..
Being selective rocks




 An early morning appointment took me along the local Sodom and Gomorrah street.; it wasn't that early, but at 9.30am under the perfect morning sun, I thought it was going to be an okay sort of walk but man o man., was I in for a ride.. The early morning stench coming from the bars from the night before adding to the 'fast' food (?)  heave/wrench type establishments made the walk almost unbearable.. Yuck, yuck, bloody yuck.. There's something kinda sad about seeing decay in the sunlight.. Faded signs, peeling paintwork, smashed windows, kicked and broken doors.. and overflowing trash cans become even clearer for those who dare to venture along the stained and littered street.... The four 'people' sat on the bench letting us all know how much their early morning bottle of cider was affecting them seemed a priority in life for them.. Rusted and bent bicycles chained and sorta propped to the green rusting fence also proved there was going to be no limo drive home for those riders.. The well worn doorways offered up further proof that the smokers lounge was at the gateway to a hell.. dude.. and across the street is a new multi-million dollar development in progress which the single lane in each direction street will divide..   If you've gotta have a drink in between your need for a tattoo and a pie, kebab or piercing.,  this is the place of choice.., but just for a heads up, the restaurant is closed due to a fire upstairs- tongue in cheek..; go figure Einstein.


.

I did however.., manage to get my day old new  but faulty charger replaced proving that customer service is alive an' well in the American styled tech' stores.. well .., not really well, but it can be found if you're up for an adventure and you have plenty of patience.. Now, if I was looking for somewhere to buy a can of Carlsberg, sit on a bird poop stained bench, eat a pork pie.. and roll up a cigarette, Sodom and Gomorrah street is the place to be., dude..; it comes complete with smells, odours and plenty of background noises to make a grown man heave, wrench and look for a brown paper bag.....




Fiction Factory~Feels like Heaven

 

Spider bites are itchy motruckers.. an' I've got two of 'em to scratch.. I'm not going to cut my finger nails today.. and I hate spilling the milk from my overly full cereal bowl..- It's funny how people react to letters.. and how can my ankle still be bruised.!


Life is much better with the windows open along with hot water and new socks.  A couple of new (coffee) invites always works the reason to make plans..




The fair's left., let's talk to the ocean

5 floors up and there's a rustling of paper, a question., the water bottle's empty and a towel is slung over the back of a chair.. The door onto the deck is open and I got my day wrong. There's a choice of things tonight..- an art exhibit, or the Quay and I'm right in the middle, logistically..


 License Plates



 I miss handwriting., my P.O.Box and the welcome sign.., but most of all I miss the sky..; oh shoot., the light., a cold beer, a well mixed margarita., the evening walk to the store, midnight reflections on the harbor., the public docks., the canal., the ferries., the yard., the big heavy gate., 100 blocks, 200 blocks, 300 blocks, precious stones and one way streets., the street sweeper., sounds of the waves., paintings .. and blue bowls..




Last minute invites away..  and listening to car doors being shut., Enterprise rentals being fully booked and an EIGHTY EIGHT. label..; seriously contemplating the whole social media ride and hurrying the laundry along the winding road..- I feel exhausted, but my teeth are clean..

Hey Little Girl

Icehouse

"It makes no sense"

 

Boredom

Social., Earl Grey, honey and lemon.., wooden tables and fresh air..; I don't know what I want to listen to., but I know I'd listen to it over there..



 

   

Ouch

27 man

 

it's a done deal

 

 

 

 



 

“If you have much, give of your wealth; if you have little, give of your heart”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Thanks this week go/goes to Paul Young - Jamie Moses - Donald Fagen - Cuthbert Ottaway - Icehouse and Richie Sambora

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment