Tuesday 10 July 2012

Image 52 - Week 27.. #Roger Federer., Facts and Opinions..


Openness .. and are you prepared to be..?



On the road., with respect..

hs - Listed As Missing


What is it about the west..? Artists understand the North light., surfers understand the waves.., the east has it's, erm,  'charms'., but the west man., the west gets my juices flowing.. and just where does the Pacific Ocean end and the Atlantic begin..? I figure the world keeps spinning and there isn't a 'wall' preventing oceans from mingling.., so just where does it all begin and end..?

Speaks for itself.


Records broken

I set my navigation thingy and listened to this unknown female give me road directions to my destination., turning right I headed east to take in some west.  I used my windscreen wipers, which were in top form, as they needed to be..; after all, it is summer.; traffic rolled along without delay and the roundabouts ended up being something of a fun trip to race around..
New roads, signs and a sense of open country allowed me a smile. I love not knowing where I'm going. The whole newness gig, rocks.

Days after sitting on a long tedious, but necessary bus ride while having to listen to an extremely apologetic guy endlessly chat to his wife on the phone and suggest she give his dinner to the dog, the neighbours dog., or any ole stray she came across, he gave up trying to humour her and simply told her he was going to be late.; obviously she wasn't happy, but he simply got stuck into his bag full of candies and calmly sat back quietly watching 'something' on his iphone.
I sat across from an 'eastern' overweight guy who actually took his shoes and socks off, put them in the little ' thingy' in the back of the seats, while his wife removed her 'face' covering  and revealed a nose ring in her rather chubby nose, an' after all this, I thought her eyes had me totally mesmerised..; I learnt a lesson there..
The lady sat behind me couldn't care about the crowded bus who heard her telephone chat and she simply dialled what appeared to be everybody she knew.. and shared a bunch of personal info with those who could hear the conversation and then made the same old excuses about not being able to make it for the meal over the weekend.; she was 'tired' .! I've heard that one before and from someone who'd always let 'us' know that in 'two weeks time', she was going to be 'tired'.  I now know about her medical situation, what she thinks of her husbands mother and what movie she wants to see..; but it was her take on Christian Grey and the whole 50 Shades of.. and that whole kitchen table deal that I found most interesting.

Networkers, tired folk and excuses really cause my eyebrows to move in spasmodic doubt. 


I washed a black car., vacuumed it and set the drivers seat in readiness for a 'trip'. The English countryside, in my opinion,  is far more interesting and throws up a greater sense of  tradition and intrigue, which is kinda odd when I think of it, as I'm a total ocean sorta guy..
I guess the seaside is, in my lame opinion pretty dated with it's peeling paint and shabby facade still playing the same ole dated soundtrack of it's once romantically glorious past., for those who actually notice.. It appears as though once one moves inland one becomes immediately aware of progress.. and the light seems to match the scenery much better.. I suspect that my eyes and senses instinctively expect the coast to have at least one 'occasionally' clear day where the light is pure, clean and offers up the distant horizon for me to enjoy.
It seems that edges are proudly trimmed and doors are happy to be shared with a warmer openness than the suspicion a square meter of sand is protectively held onto by it's faded and well used windbreakers..

Emotional journey and search for an MIA




Sometimes., well, quite a lot of times really.., I get seduced into a debate that comes about when one person tries to share an opinion and attempts to convince me that infact, it's a fact..; Roger Federer won Wimbledon - fact.; Nadal got knocked out early - fact.. Whether Nadal would have beaten Rodg' is not even open to debate, 'cause he didn't - fact..When Nadal has achieved the records that Rodg' has, the record books will be rewritten., other wise the facts speak for themselves.. Federer is the joint king of men's singles tennis with that other member of tennis royalty., Pistol Pete Sampras - my opinion..; however Rodg's 24 career Grand Slam tournament finals, including a men's record ten in a row speak for themselves and is a fact. I suppose I just prefer to see a single handed back hand and someone who's actually able to venture to the net at some point during a match..

Summer's requiring a visit from some some unlikely Super Heroes in order to kick start it

Just another busy day at the beach.
 The English summer., sucks..- my opinion.. The UK weather and climate is consistently inconsistent..- fact.. For those who've tried to convince me of their love for the four seasons, it would be fine if the four seasons were equally divided., however., they're not - fact.. and staying indoors chugging endless mugs of tea while wearing chunky sweaters  and finding the time to post regular updates on various social websites in July., isn't offering up any natural vitamin D - opinion.

I walked through one or two show homes today.. Very tastefully decorated - my opinion.., but poorly designed with the apparent demand of having extra small rooms along with walls an' windows in weird places.. The love for what seems to be, a case of throwing a wall (or two) in simply to satisfy the criteria of an extra room leaves me with the conclusion that many architects, must be coming to the end of their working day, or the kettle has boiled causing a huge distraction and terrible lines being drawn on their computers..- my opinion..

Yeah, I'm late this week., but really, it was an attempt to offer you a much improved read.; I just failed with the whole intended improved read., but have provided a late submission.. Besides., when I'm on the road., I can turn technology 'off', unlike those cell phones I see being checked every second for new social media postings.. and this past week., I was happy to do so.. There were thousands of simple white crosses that demanded my respect. I came across an actual namesake and the results of reading that name on the wall., spoke to me in a way that I can never dream of being able to put into words and share with you.. There for the grace of God..
I also saw a word and heard an accent.., an accent that actually approached me and ended up chatting openly and with energy and natural infliction for several memorable minutes..; the sounds of that accent and sight of that eagle along with a star and stripe reminded me of sacrifices one makes in order to make a difference... and there was that name too..; not to mention the lone duck..

I watched a romantic comedy at some point over the past week and may have required a tissue at some point of the 120 paqe scripted effort.. The smiles provided me with another question - I wonder why.? But hey, I much prefer my viewing choice to the dark, flash, bang scary ones.. and again., it's only an opinion..; mine.
16

In readiness for..
 I moved a table and couple of chairs in readiness for a celebration, mixed.. and threw some pool products into said pool, but the water temperature read 16 and that's just not warm enough for me..

Peace., calm and a moment..
 Funny watching a dog dream.. I hit some tennis balls and visited a new embankment where I watched a number of rowers., rowing.. I couldn't get to the Olympic Torch run despite intending to., but that military cemetery man..

Pissaro had his birthday and I can't find a basic radio station to interest my tastes while driving.. Chirpy Chirpy  Cheep Cheep doesn't quite cut it., nor does the 1974 Terry Jacks tune, Seasons in the Sun..; of which we ain't got.. and as far as Cliff's Summer Holidays., you can go to that 'hot place' and stick it where the sun don't shine.., baby..

I wonder why bus stations appear to be depressing, damp, dark and angry places.. and I wonder why my observations of a place full of smokers who eat white bread sandwiches out of silver foil, pasties and tend to sit down much more with sodas seems to be the norm'..- my opinion and only a very generally pompous observation..- or is that one a fact..? I don't seem to see bananas, fruit or water in those hands, but I do walk through a whole lotta second hand smoke while stepping over crumpled cigarette butts.. Shame on you. and besides, have you costed out a banana.? 

Local summer style.

I thoroughly enjoyed the Men's Doubles Final at Wimbledon when I saw two guys play and win with a smile and great attitude, while humbly accepting their fantastic achievement. Well done and huge congrats to Jonathan Marray and Frederik Nielsen on their great, great win..
The first half of a bottle of red goes down well, but that whole second half really plays with your typing.. and I can assure you., I wouldn't be driving now.., but I am ready to start singing.., or hitting the gym and turning up the volume of ACDC's live show in order to get me pumped up..
Which means I'm done with this weeks 52..; but I'm onto the next one almost immediately.. - see ya soon.
Jus' a busy lil' bee this week..
 and really., tune in to hear John Terry full of alleged excuses as he tries to duck and weave his way outta alleged trouble..; clown - my opinion..


Unedited, unchecked.. but instinctive and besides., my eyes are blurry..

27., out

Thanks this week goes/go to Marc Bolan and We love to Boogie - The American War Cemetery - Sainsburys's cheap Cab' - Satellite Navigation Units - ACDC's 'The Jack' - Street Photography - Art -Silverstone and the British Grand Prix -  Centre Court's Roof - 75 degrees - Depeche Mode.. and to sight, 'cause without it, I wouldn't have been able to see this week's adventure...





No comments:

Post a Comment