Saturday 20 October 2012

Image 52 - Week 43.. Pinterest., Instagram.. and Realities..



1947


A Review


of
Life's 
Winter boots and ghost walks..

by

AKA Me


I wondered once what it must be like to be popular., but then I thought again.. and besides., really., who gives a flying #*)k.. One minute you're the bees knees.. and the next., you're like a carton of milk that's past it's sell-by-date., taking up valuable space in the fridge.. Those Austin Powers and Hugh Grant movies are but a distant memory and, can you believe, a generation ago., indeed, Austin Powers poked fun at a time in English history of half a century ago.. and I wonder how popular those 'video rentals' are now..

Not exactly a Coke view..


The 'weird', sad, funny thing right now.., is., I'm living those movies.. and it's extremely tiresome., for me.. Like a fast paced, shiny commercial that seduces me into buying a Coke., I recognise (and completely understand) that it's a momentary thing.. I couldn't possibly live off Coke-Cola everyday., but man, this film set isn't just a location, it's real.. and everyday and for me, reliving an old movie kinda wakes up something that reminds me just how dated the whole routine is.. and that language and isms.!; what happened.? I left a scene for a lifetime and came back to join exactly the same damn movie set.., nothing's changed; the storyline is exactly the same but with younger actors..


However


Neil Sedaka (73) is starring
Sir Roger Moore (85) is starring
The Stylistics (?) are starring
James Last (83) is starring
Marty Wilde's (73) Rock 'n' Roll Party is starring
with
John Leyton (73) & Eden Kane (71)
Wrestling Spectacular is starring
Autumn Organ Concerts are starring
Paul Carrack (61) is starring., no doubt to sing his 1975 hit 'How Long'  or his last hit from 1989 sang with Mike and his Mechanics (Mike Rutherford (62))., The Living Years
and while we're at it.,
lets give Status Quo (Francis Rossi (63), Rick Parfitt (64)), Heaven 17 (Glen Gregory (54), Martyn Ware (56)) and Human League (Phil Oakley (57)) a mention.., 'cause they are all starring
M&S are using a soundtrack to satisfy it's aimed for demographic too
The round Square was filled and packed in the rain for crepe loving passers by while Pine Walk 'lay' empty and ghost like, aching, creaking and groaning for the opportunity

To crepe., or not to crepe

 
! 


I woke at 4.30am..; urgh.. - I eventually, at some point of the day, walked into a local store and saw a line of L.A. baseball caps, a Santa Monica t-shirt and a muscle car advertisement over the top of the merchandise., so what does that tell you about life within sight of the Gardens..? The images of excitement., difference/change and hope.. all brought a warm tear to my hidden eyes..

Yep., sadly there's definitely still very much a class system in evidence.. and for particular styles of wardrobe.., it's a tough day on the streets.. and for those trying to make a difference, there's a long and winding road ahead..; image and popularity, uh..  But really, why..!

I mentioned weeks and weeks.. and weeks... and weeks ago..; infact it could be so long ago, it could be weeks and weeks ago.., and now I've completely forgotten what I mentioned weeks and weeks ago.., but I'm sure it was weeks and weeks ago..

I screen all my incoming phone calls (for that split second the bloody phone rings) and chose to prioritise the moment I'm in.., which means that if you call and I'm in line at my local supermarket buying my bar of choc'., the cashier gets my full attention.. I guess that makes me bad., sorry., but I'm not ruled by my cell phone.. However MM, if your name comes up., I'm picking up that call in a heartbeat..; it's a case of popularity again., sorry., again..
Having said that, I had my cell tucked away this time in my many warm layers and sooo didn't hear the phone ring., or infact., feel it's vibration.; such were my layers..
It's simply a tool that I'm grateful for.. and while caller I.D. is obviously helpful in allowing us to see who's calling., I still like to pick my phone up with that element of surprise by the voice on the other end.. They, made an effort., so I'm gonna take the call seriously.. I'd gamble that I've written (and shared) that with ya before too.. See., I have repetative thoughts too..

Yep., got my bus ticket.. and managed to enroll into Oxford's wonderful college and program..

There's a parochial brush stroke, performance, lyric and style that, while (perhaps deemed ?)cute., at first., does begin to take on a repetitious chalk board type effect.. In actual fact., paintings are hung indifferently., words delivered predictably and performances brought straight from the shower cubicle..


Location, location, location



 Stepping back, away..and
resignation

I know., let's bring in a deck chair, throw a couple of palm trees around and paint an attraction., all before the long, cold, quiet and dreary winter and long., long., way way before next season..; infact, months and wet months away and perhaps if we're lucky, the newly painted white walls will stain, become discoloured and look all sad and old again.., just in time for next years repeat visitors..  I love 'parochial planners'..: Amateurs..

Wet paint



Community
and personal passion

Should we support everything., or do we support what's close to our hearts. How do we make a stance for what appears to be progress.. and how do we encourage change and forward thinkers to take up the reigns... Sadly., I can't do it by maintaining a routine and sameness.. and I certainly can't do it by accepting that "this is how we do it here".. Unfortunately though., sadly though., it's quite apparent this IS exactly "how 'we' do it here"..; phukkers..; it's simply not good enough.., but hey, there's always a costume to iron.. and besides., it comes down to a popularity gig.. and my wardrobe doesn't include the correct uniform.., man.., ease on down the road and "back off boogaloo".., dude..

Ghost town


Take a walk down the garden path and close the gate on the way out


Deaf ears

"I think that's Elvis.."
"E-L...?"
 "No., no., is it hell..!"

"How many letters is it.?"
"How many letters is it.?"
"How many letters is it.?"
 "How many letters is it.?"

"I've done it., I've done it.."

"No.. let me., no, no..; no., let me.."
"No., let me, let me.. NO, let me.."

 Scripts of life..; real life..

Done the laundry, charged the phone., cleared the camera card.. and cleaned the Oakley's.; now all I need is a pair of socks..


P.S. ones


True love is like a pair of socks.: you gotta have two..

 

Wish list:

Palette knives

Oils

Medium

Old brushes

Canvas boards

Old paint splattered Levis

Sunlight., moonlight.., any ole light

 

 

 

I'm outta here

 

Adios

 43

 but not before

  

Memories
of
Island Halloweens


Down the drain



Geez., if I could write and take photographs., I'd have a coffee table book by now..


BUT 



There has to be color., somewhere





Thanks this week go/goes to Spam - Euroline - Tom Hanks - Fake Ketchup Factory - The Rolling Stones - Danica Patrick - ABC News - Jo Teeuwisse and change., when ever it happens..


No comments:

Post a Comment