Tuesday 7 April 2020

- Social Distancing, Pandemics and the Media


Let's put it this way
Social  Distancing
is a
Privilege
fact

If you don't have a dog
If you don't have an outdoor space
If you don't have a job that comes under the guidelines
If you don't have an abundance of spare rooms to roam
If you're not a television watcher
If you don't have Sky, BT., Virgin, etc
If you're not a sofa sitter
If you live alone
&
Solo

Social distancing is a privilege

Inactive
mentally
emotionally
otherwise
you're alone
not having conversations
snacking more
moving less
ageing faster
losing discipline
showering less
unmotivated
uninspired
lack stimulant
less laundry
more chocolate


People
who know
Better
or think they
do

I'm seeing couples have bbq's
seeing couples/families taking a walk
tents in gardens
Cars being cleaned
I'd love to clean my car
I'd love to put up a tent in a garden
I'd love to bbq
I'd love to take a walk with someone

Social Distancing
IS
a
Privilege

not afforded to everyone
I'm not laughing
and don't you forget it
I'm not Kyle Walker
loser


social media
Experts


can you strip it right back to basics, or have you still got hot water., a flushing working toilet., a kettle, home gym.. or are you whining about running out of teabags., or is the hairdresser's still open
and using excuses 
Social Media
Preachers


Working now to survive the emotional scaring 
Wondering which relationship will survive the effort
The ugliness of a moan
Finger pointing
everyday
social media
Politicians

do you know why my feet are cold; some posts are full of their own pompous pretence.
today I'm angry 
no I'm not
just frustrated
?
confused
lost
I don't know what I am
but I do know that 
I'm 
not
fortunate
enough 
to be
Socially Distanced

Done with Netflix
almost
done 
with
Amazon Prime Videos
YouTube's still going strong
and my 
Kindle's on charge
Again
my ass is sore
and
my skin's
dry
my laptop's
an
emotional
savour
I've had to reinstall WhatsApp
what's 2 meters
thank god I've got a
hair trimmer
but running low on
Pepsi Max

would that come under 
shopping for essentials
?

still making my bed
I don't have a fever
I don't have a cough
I'm not tired
I'm just bored
and
halfway
up
the
wall
My passport's expired
still haven't watched the TV news 

My railcard's expired
if you're not sleeping alone
if you're not eating alone 
you're not alone
and if you're not alone
you've no idea
what
it's 
like to be alone

I know


social distancing
is a
privilege

not available to everyone


Remember That
not
this
but
That

3rd
week

to those who expect























No comments:

Post a Comment