Thursday 2 February 2012

Image 52 - Week 5.. Wine Tasting and keystones..

Mansion




Us, we...,

Chine
contrasts and learning stuff...



You can keep cold feet,
sniffling noses and streaming eyes,
layers, artificial heat and condensation
You can keep the wind that bites your soul..

You can keep this morning light and
darkness of night..
You can keep idle words
and empty promises., cold showers and..


You can keep the nightmare too,
but..,
 the dream
you can live, so give..

It ain't happenin'

I simply can’t write, find an image and complete Week 5’s assignment.., sorry; It’s far too difficult. My mind just won’t go to any place other than where it’s currently at and that’s a place totally ruled by a root. The computer keys resting on my lap have a bloody mind of their own right now and are proving there really is a difference between a heartfelt contribution and one written by the  ‘head’.. I’m trying to over-rule the heart and make this an easy effort, but this ole heart is proving to be far stronger than this ole head and this is NOT what the head wants me to write, read or post, so this week's 52 could be a very short week for me.. 
Should I attempt to be unnaturally dishonest., or instinctively honest..? My head can complete one task if it’s a case of a simple mathematical addition, while my heart will ultimately take over and ride this ole head to the ground if it’s a matter of indifferent ‘eyes’..

I’m feeling contrasts this week..; dark, LIGHT.- wet, DRY, cold, WARM - truth, LIES - manufactured, INSTINCT - me, US. - you, WE..- HEAD, HEART..

To one, who thus for kindred hearts must roam,
And seek abroad, the love denied at home."
Byron

You know when you look into a pair of eyes and there is that ‘something’ you can’t quite put your finger on, but.., they’re hiding that ‘something’; they’re unable to retain and exchange a simple gaze., they’ve lost that smiling thing..; they’ve simply switched off., packed up and gone on vacation.? Hmm., well, I’ve seen those eyes.. and not in the mirror.

Grouse, Burns or Cadillac Margaritas and Thoreau.?

Obvious contrasts could be as uncomfortable as an obvious  event to enjoy
., or Level 42 .; to romantically embrace the best highway or maintain a safe distance.; hmm,  challenge, or not to challenge., to push, or not to push.?
Here..,
there..; same thing., but.




"Most of the luxuries and many of the so-called comforts of life are not only not indispensable, but positive hindrances to the elevation of mankind."
Thoreau
I need to get my teeth cleaned.. and some natural vitamin D..; 'contrasts.. and the human mind', me thinks.. and how can we judge someones creative work..(?), isn't it all kinda a subjective thing.? What is red.. and how much is enough.? How can one debate politics against what is a personal opinion and what's the deal with conspiracy theories.? Is life a science project.?.. and is there a place to go., or do we stay.? Why do we have doppelgangers and experience déjà vu.? and why is cold cold to one and not another.? Where did 'round' come from.. and why do some sighted people see something another sighted person doesn't.? and how do we gage 'obvious'.? Why is it that some music easily dates while other stuff is deemed 'classic' from exactly the same era.? and how can basic standards be so different and why are ethics also different..? How can wine really, truly be judged when our tastebuds can't possibly be the same.? OK., now really, how did Heaven 17 ever sell a record.? and have you ever been there.?

Resurgam

further contrast



to ponder.
I discovered I had a new 'secret' (but now, not so secret) reader today.. and wasn't prepared for how that made me feel..; I guess IT is all about contrasts, but phew, my insides kinda took a moment to think of a suitable response... On the one hand I'm here, publicly writing and yet, in private, I prefer my 'journey' to be faceless., anonymous.., of understated movements., invisible, yet.., it seems, that ain't a happenin'. My instincts are to observe the bloody movements rather than to be the darn 'mover' and no matter how hard I try, I provide a contrast..

So., I sat between two new 'voices' today and learned something..; on the right was someone needing help with how to spell 'paint' and 'gate', which humbled and stopped me in my tracks.., while on the left, I was asked 'what I did.?'.. Two people waiting on  an answer of contrasts... and one that I was going to offer up...

  Keystone or Headstone
The central wedge-shaped stone of an arch that locks its parts together. Also called headstone. The central supporting element of a whole.

Three men, a beach spade, one vehicle, acknowledging the female form and a day at the beach..
I think this is where it's supposed to go..

.. and it's how long..?

.. no kidding.., but actually, I'm a leg guy..

Children and their rides uh., tut..













Have you ever been deleted..? and how do you write that sound you make when all you mean to say as you 'curl' your mouth upside down, roll your tongue and blurt out.. "bleuurk"., "blurck", "blaakk" ?; like I care.. It's like sitting watching someone play what they think is a great poker hand., only.. it ain't.., not even close and I don't even play poker..!!.. and save it ?, when what (?, when what!!) it really needs is a total renovation anyway.. 'Contrasts' eh.. and why not acknowledge and feed the heart., or the root., instead of always reaching for a band-aid..? "It's all a bunch of balloons anyway.."

I gotta hydrate more..; more water..

See., I know I'm not smart.. and can admit it..; it's just how it is.., but the red tapers 'think' they know and yet, consistently prove they don't..

Whine with that sir..? oops, what I meant to write  is/was ',whine'..; oh damn it.; my fingers keep typing 'whine'..

Yep., it's how the mind works.., really.; isn't it.? We think one thing, get distracted, procrastinate, attack, think., then come back to the original thought and while in between.., we jus' 'say' stuff..(?). We write, or chat  an edited version of our thoughts, most times., don't we.(? ), I think, with a shrug of my shoulders.; so perhaps I'm the only person then, shrugging mentioned lean shoulders again.., dang it.; I have to start editing more.!

I recall working an event in a 'black' museum, (that naturally honoured black history and) surrounded by lots of great memorabilia the event honoured several hundred black dignitaries. Being one of only a couple of 'caucasion' attendees, I was approached (kinda naturally when you think about it) and asked, 'this must be strange.?", and said with a glint and half cocked know it all smile., to which I simply lent in to the ear, smiled and responded quietly., "when you think I'm probably the only person here actually born in Africa., no..". It gained the appropriate reaction..; I love contrasts..


The Hunter - Free

If we simply drive the avenue (as 'we' do) then how can we acknowledge one another with a polite and smiley 'hi'.?  I certainly don't see any chunky sweaters, just a singular walk under the blackest of skies,  under the umbrella of century old branches making it even darker and all while wrapped against the frigid elements; all I do feel is a resigned alienation from nature, from people, from light and colour. Walking round an island with seals barking, yachts rocking , hushed sounds of laughter and that always seductive high tide that provided me with the most stunning reflections and awe inspiring sounds of distant waves crashing onto a pacific beach.. an' all while under the clearest of skies, interrupted by the  most magical backdrop of sparkling, shooting stars,  while in virtual constant sight of a ferry crossing, and basic activity.; contrasts..

So to finish., I must find an image that offers me a contrast  and finality to this weeks junky thoughts.. and here it is..
Color.., light, freedom and nature..

.. in complete contrast to the guy at the top of this weeks blog.. and in my humble opinion, it's contrasts that make the world go round and a better  (more interesting) place to live..

OUT












No comments:

Post a Comment